Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In My Head 4 - Inspired by B.O.B.'s Airplanes

Let's pretend Ryan Barton never existed.
Like he was never born & the stork never gifted.
Pretend he was never here and you never missed him.
Pretend his life never came about on June 11.
Pretend he was never there for you at that moment.
Knowing what he's been, things would be different.
Consider all the days he has enlightened.
All the memories we made, are on your brained & burned in.

Now pretend our paths never passed.
Like you were never sitting next to me in the class.
Or I was never at the Bee's for you to hand me the glass.
Pretend our memories are nothing but blackness.
You say things would've been fine & it would've been classic.

But I know things wouldn't have been the same.
I'd be missing a blessing that never came.
Never been able to ride on this crazy train.
Not having you would only bring pain.
We never would've made stars out of airplanes.

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now."