Monday, September 19, 2011

A Legend Into A Legacy

Legends are born every minute, but what they do with their lives determines whether or not they will leave a legacy behind. There are so many words to describe the legend we have lost; Beautiful, Astonishing, Compassionate, Sophisticated, Classy, Strong willed, Exhilarating, Inspirational, Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Grandmother, Great Grandmother, Great Great Grandmother, and Friend are only a few. I know it sounds like so much more than a few, but that’s because this is only a few of the galaxy of words that can be used to describe Laura Albert.

My Great Grandma did more than I could ever do for anyone. I remember walking out the apple tree in the front yard picking apples with her. She taught me one of the greatest lessons and she didn’t even know it. Life is just one big apple pie. You have to go outside to reach out and pick those that will help you create and complete your world. No more what shape or size, they’ll all come together and make one of the most beautiful things in life. She taught me to be strong and not let anything break me down. She was a great influence and inspiration to so many in this world. She was selfless, compassionate, and interested in everyone set before her. She loved her family and friends more than anything. She lived her life to its fullest as a mother of both her own family and her church family. She was blessed beyond every desire and aspiration. She rejuvenated and revitalized everyone with her sweet, angelic presence.

I love you Grandma, and I’ll miss you. I know you’re all better now. No more pain, no more hard times, I know Grandpa will take good care of you. Make him sing the “Peanut Butter” song to you for me; I’m sure he’s been ready to sing it to someone. Thank you for being who you were. Thank you for standing strong against all odds. I do believe that this world will be different without you, but I know that heaven just became a much greater place. A legend was lost, but today her legacy begins.