Monday, September 26, 2011

My conclusion at why President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize....

Hey, I have nothing against the guy. Just hope his "celebritism" doesn't bite him in the butt when something terrible goes down and doesn't do as good a job and avenging our great nation as those have done in the past.

 

Seriously though, what's wrong with Barack Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize for doing his job and trying really really hard? I mean the reason it is awarded is "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses." I'm sure Andrew Jackson got one for being the only US President who eliminated the national debt. I'm sure Abraham Lincoln received one for freeing the slaves. And I'm sure George W. Bush received one for eliminating Saddam Hussein, one of the United States greatest enemies and threats. Right? Right? Anyone know?

 

Oh here you go.... (Thank God for Wiki)

 

Theodore Roosevelt won one for his successful mediation to end the Russo-Japanese war and for his interest in arbitration, having provided the Hague arbitration court with its very first case. Woodrom Wilson won for founding the League of Nations. Jimmy Carter won for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development. Even Martin Luther King's was for his works with Civil Rights.

 

I guess the ones I mentioned didn't do great enough things.

 

I mean while all of these great and incredible leaders ACCOMPLISHED incredible feats of their time, why shouldn't Barack Obama get one for his extraordinary EFFORTS to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples? I mean even Al Gore won one for his EFFORTS to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change.

 

So while you ponder on EFFORTS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS, I"m going to get in my non-gas guzzling Ford Focus, drive next to every SUV, Semi, and other tank on the highway, which is owned and operated by every hot air blowin American, under this great big wonderful ozone layer for $2.24 a gallon of gas next to my wonderful African American, Muslim, Asian, Redneck, European, etc. who is cussing me for my EFFORTS at cutting them off on the way to the hospital where the only thing that truly matters is the well being of pain afflicted Grandparents. Do I get a Nobel Peace Prize for that?

 

Oh and another Polar Bear just died and I have to be concerned about whether or not my Grandparents healthcare is going to be in jeopardy or not, so why don't you EFFORTLESS call me when you can get something ACCOMPLISHED, then you can have your Peace Prize.

 

Wait, or did he win for calling Kanye West a "jackass"? I'd give him one for that.